Sukin-Foaming Facial Cleanser Pump (125ml)This sulphate free wash provides a gentle, non drying cleanser to remove impurities leaving your skin feeling soft, clear and clean. Combines chamomile, aloe vera, witch hazel and green tea with macadamia and evening primrose oils to purify and balance your skin. Suitable for all skin types especially oily and sensitive.
An Overview On Facial Cleansers
You might have often heard or read about using a cleanser to wash your face. As such, you might even wonder what a cleanser really is and how does it differ from just washing using soap and water. Here are some facts you should know.
What is a cleanser?
A cleanser is a product that you can use for taking care of your face. From the word itself, it helps clean your facial skin by removing dirt and excess oil from the surface. Aside from dirt and excess oil, a cleanser can also help remove dead skin cells and make up from your face. These pollutants actually clog the pores, which can lead to acne breakouts, blackheads, whiteheads, and the like.
Different types of cleansers
Cleansers come in different types. You can surely find a cleanser that is suitable for any skin type. Here are some of these types.
- Normal skin type – If you have normal skin type, you can use a cleanser that you can lather with water.
- Dry skin type – A cream cleanser that is mild and gentle to the skin is good for those with dry skin type.
- Oily skin type – With an oily skin type, you should use a water-based cleanser to prevent having too much oil on your face.
- Combination skin type – A lotion or foaming cleanser is best for this skin type.
- Sensitive skin type – You will have to use a cleanser that does not have any cleansing grains or fragrances which can irritate the skin.
A facial cleanser is a good product to use to care for your skin. Combining it with a toner and a moisturizer will produce favorable results.
Facial cleansers come in various types for different skin types. The main purpose of using a facial cleanser is to gently clean your skin without irritating it.
Once you have gotten a cleanser that works well with your skin, follow the steps bellow using it in the morning and especially at night to remove all the impurities, oils and makeup collected during the day.
- Make sure your hands are clean then rinse your face with warm water.
- Squeeze a small amount of your cleanser on your palms
- Apply the cleanser in a circular motion. Make sure all areas are covered and allow the cleanser to penetrate your skin for a few minutes
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water and ensure all traces of the cleanser is removed- you can use a face sponge or cotton pads to achieve this.
- Rinse your face with cold water to widen the pores and allow blood circulation
- Dry your face with a towel
- Now, you can tone your skin. This helps to remove the traces of makeup your cleanser has missed.
- Apply a facial moisturizer on you clean and toned face, avoiding the eyes area.
Cleansing is an efficient way to maintain your skin’s health. However, never over cleans your skin as it can seriously irritate it. Also, make sure to use a cleanser that works best for your skin and ensure you apply a moisturizer after cleansing.