Do you want a glowing and clear skin? Keeping your skin pore free from oil, dirt and cosmetic chemicals is absolutely a must. Using a facial steamer helps open up your skin pores so that the contents that because clogging are released. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about blackheads, acne or uneven texture. The opened up skin pores also allows treatment to penetrate your skin. Here is how you can use a facial steamer without burning and irritating your skin.
1.Prepare Your Skin
Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser to remove oil, makeup, and dirt from your skin. After that, using a gentle face scrub, exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin that has the potential to clog your pores.
2.Fill It Up
The process of filling a steamer vary from one brand and model to another. It’s important to read the model’s manual before using it. For a home facial steamer, fill it with purified water and then plug it into an outlet, then turn it on. Wait for a few minutes for the steamer to emit steam.
3.Ready for Steaming
Now your steamer is giving off steam, place your face above the base inside the cone attachment to allow the steam to penetrate your pores. Keep your face 5 – 10 inches away
After using a facial steamer on yourself or your client, it will need to be sanitized. Mineral deposits on the facial steamer decrease its performance. Cleaning it will remove the mineral deposits that may have accumulated on the steam vent. Disinfecting your facial steamer also removes the odor and mold. If you fail to care for your steamer, your skin or your client’s may be attacked by bacteria that cause skin breakage and skin infections. Here are steps on how to clean a facial steamer.
- Empty all the used water in the steamer and refill it with purified water and two or more tablespoons depending on the accumulated mineral deposits. Ensure that the steamer is full.
- Turn the steamer on to steaming temperatures for about 5 minutes. Ensure that all other parts of the steaming machine are off.
- Release the steam for half a minute, then turn off the machine.
- Let the remaining solution to rest in the steamer for about 15 -30 minutes.
- After the jar has cooled, empty the solution and refill with plain purified water and run the steamer for about 10 minutes then turn it off. Let the steamer rest for about 30 minutes. This helps in eradicating the vinegar smell. Repeat this procedure until the smell is no more.
- After you have completed, wipe the facial steamer with a damp cloth.